Cannabis Real Estate
Panther Group is a leading cannabis VC firm, successfully de-risking cannabis investments since 2014, delivering venture returns with significantly lower mortality rates. We have co-invested with hundreds of family offices, VCs and LPs in 50+ companies across 25+ subsectors. Cannabis Real Estate is a new investment offering for the Panther Group network, continuing our approach of maximizing risk adjusted returns and matching the specific profile of investors.
Invest in: Cannabis Real Estate
High single digit preferred returns and overall mid-teens to low twenties weighted average expected return
AVERAGE TRANSACTION SIZE
$1 million—$20 million
DIRECT REAL ESTATE ACQUISITION
- Investors can purchase existing and fully licensed real estate with NNN lease tenant(s) resulting in immediate cash on cash return.
- Purchase options are often built into the transaction, providing investors a predictable exit and yielding higher overall returns.
- Clients that are cash flowing plant touching cannabis operators (cultivation, manufacturing and retail) that are looking for expansion and working capital.
- Current owner operators will sell the real estate for a negotiated purchase price while simultaneously entering into a NNN lease with the investor, allowing for immediate cash flow.
CAPITAL SOLUTIONS FOR EXISTING REAL ESTATE
- Clients looking for creative solutions to secure short term and long term debt for growth or working capital.
- Investors can provide a business that owns real estate and/or equipment with growth capital. The debt is secured and collateralized by the real estate, yielding high risk-adjusted returns.
Invest in: Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT)
High single digit preferred returns and overall mid-teens weighted average expected return
A REIT owns, operates, or finances income-generating real estate. REITs can either be publicly traded or privately held. Cannabis REITs primarily serve two functions:
Investing in cannabis zoned real estate and offering NNN leases to cannabis tenants
Sale-leaseback as a form of debt (significantly in demand in the cannabis space currently)